|8 September 2014||Crunchy Frog / Mikkeller||FROG 104|
|01. Lars and The Hands of Light – Me Me Me
02. First Floor Power – The Jacket
03. Junior Senior – Move Your Feet
04. Sterling – Ikke rigtig i mit hoved
05. Superheroes – Someone Else
06. Wolfkin – A Vacant Heart
07. ONBC – Endeavour
08. THAU – All It Takes Is Everything
09. 18th Dye – Amorines
10. Naked – Crust
11. Learning From Las Vegas – Ten Thousand Songs
12. The Mopeds – Loverman
13. Tothe International – Steak & Potatoes
14. Kim and The Cinders – Loved To Death
15. Snake and Jet’s Amazing Bullit Band – Black Egg
16. The Tremolo Beer Gut – Clayton’s Hotrod
17. Thee Attacks – Love In Disguise
18. Heavy Trash – Double Line
19. PowerSolo – Gimme The Drugz
20. The Raveonettes – Attack Of The Ghost Riders
21. Shiny Darkly – Diana
22. epo-555 – Sophia
23. The Malpractice – Dead Zones
24. Apparat Organ Quartet – Cargo Frakt
25. Beta Satan – Let’s Talk About Sex
26. Düreforsög – Rubber Man
|Crunchy Frog Brown Ale by Mikkeller with download version of the If We Took The Bones Out It Wouldn’t Be Crunchy compilation which features the Heavy Trash song Double Line from the album Going Way Out With Heavy Trash.
All images via: https://www.facebook.com/crunchyfrogdk
“Over these 20 years, it has been a joy and an honour to release the 26 amazing bands that you’ll find on this compilation. We’ve always felt a real partnership with our recording artists. The music and the people that create and record it is really the beating heart of any record label. So in order to compile this release, we asked the bands to select the one song from any of their Crunchy Frog releases that they themselves are most proud of or find expresses the essence of what they are/were about as a band, or basically just like the most.
It turned out to be a difficult task for many bands. And it would have been quite impossible for us too. One should never be put in the position of having to choose between one’s children. But better them than us, eh?
In the end, we arrived at the selections that comprise this double album. They are certainly not the full picture or final truth about the first 20 years of Crunch. We have released more than 100 records with these fine bands, and each hold world class grade A recordings that are fully worthy of inclusion here. A totally different track list could be just as kick ass as this one.
We urge you to use these songs as a starting point for diving deeper into the catalogue. You will no doubt find it an enriching and rewarding exploration. As will we – in a more financial sense, of course – but nevertheless.
18. Heavy Trash – Double Line
Produced: Jon Spencer and Matt Verta-Ray
Recorded at Toe Rag Studio, London with Ed Turner and Liam Watson; Camp Street Studio, Boston with Paul O Kolderie; NY Hed Studio, NYC with Ivan Julian and Matt Verta-Ray.
Mixed: Jon Spencer/Matt Verta-Ray at NY Hed and Headgear Studio, Brooklyn.
Mastered: Andy Heermans at Polywog
All Songs written by Jon Spencer/Matt Verta-Ray
ARTWORK: Morten Voigt
MATRIX/RUN-OUT GROOVE ENGRAVING: n/a